- ACCI Gallery is now carrying the Night & Day Collection!
- You can also find my new collection at uBe Art.
- A one-of-a-kind earring and necklace set is currently on display The Compound Gallery‘s Admiral Dot Miniature Gallery.
- 11/6 and 12/4 from 6-10pm at the 25th Street Collective during Oakland Art Murmur
- 12/5, 11am-6pm at The Independent Designer Market in SF’s Mission District (unconfirmed)
- 12/13 in Lake Merrit, Oakland for my Annual Holiday Party and Trunk Show (submit a contact form to request details)
The 2015 Night & Day Collection showcases opposites inspired by nature’s design—night skies and dream-scapes, sunrises and bold awakenings, and magic around every corner. This collection is made primarily using niobium–a reactive and hypoallergenic metal that achieves gradients of color through a process called anodizing. Niobium is light-weight, the colors never fade and the metal will not tarnish.
Sharla also offers special collections and small productions, unique one-of-a-kind jewelry, custom orders, and the occasional metal sculpture.
Originally from Tucson, Arizona, Sharla Pidd is a rock collector turned silversmith. She started making jewelry in 2008, selling her creations as a street vendor in San Francisco. Sharla received her education in jewelry design and fabrication from the Sharon Art Studio, The Revere Academy, and through apprenticeships with Sam Patania and Taber Studios. Today, Sharla works out of her studio at The Compound Gallery in Oakland, California. Her line of jewelry is inspired by design but ultimately she is motivated by improving her craft and experimenting with different metals and techniques.
To see past work, please check out her Portfolio.